March 2, 2016

sample - winter leftovers

A few days ago I talked about the weird weather changes we are experiencing this year. The sample I made today gives you a good impression of the color mood around our house. Kind of depressing, don't you think? Here and there you can still find a bit of snow. But most of it is gone. I'm looking forward to spring and it's delicate and fresh color palette. For this sample I used some wool of the brown mountain sheep, and a thin layer of white Kap merino. The fabric square is from a cotton "Malhafa", the traditional clothing of women from the Sahrawi society


brown mountain sheep wool, white kap merino wool, cotton fabric

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I think the combination of fine kap merino with the rough mountain sheep wool, creates a texture similar to nuno felt. :)

      Delete